The 5 élément of the Hindu Balinese Philosophy
At BaliOvillas, each villa has its own personality as unique as the 5 élément of the Hindu Balinese Philosophy, and all come with hand picked decorations from across the archipelago and framed in enchanted tropical gardens.
By naming the villas following the 5 Hindu Balinese element, we would like to share the Balinese way of life, which nurtures a greater harmony with spirit, the environment and one another.
Panca Mahabhuta — the Five Elements is a Hindu concept, which explains how internal (buana alit or microcosm) and external (buanaagung, macrocosm) forces work together and are united with the Universe.
- Akasa — Ether – the idea of connectedness and spaciousness. In the body, Ether represents all the cavities and empty spaces of the body. In the mind, it represents our consciousness.
- Bayu — Air – the idea of motion. In the body, Air represents all movement of nerves, breath and limbs. In the mind, it is the power behind our thoughts.
- Teja — Fire – the idea of light, heat and transformation. In the body, Fire represents all digestion and transformation. In the mind, it represents perception and intelligence.
- Apah — Water – the concept of flow and fluidity. In the body, Water represents all the liquids of the body. In the mind, it represents loving and compassionate thoughts and emotions.
- Pertiwi — Earth – the concept of solidity. In the body, Earth represents our physical body. In the mind, it represents stability.